# Budget upgrade Good Bye Popcorn Ceiling

$550.00

What an easy and relatively inexpensive way to cover up the 80's popcorn ceiling . No mess no scraping. Just glue up ( we used cheap caulk for the adhesive) These ultra lite tiles made of recycled Styrofoam are easy to cut and can be painted.It would have cost around $1200 to have the old ceiling scraped down and another $1200 to have it refinished and painted . I spent around $600 total. I think it looks
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling
Only 2 more cut pieces to go.
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling
Place the tiles as close together as possible.
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling
We dropped a chalk line to find the center ( which just happened to be under the ceiling fan.) and started laying the tiles out from there.
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling
changed out the ceiling fan
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling
good bye popcorn ceiling, tiling

• Shawn Ceppi

I would love to do this in my dinning room. Where do I get these tiles?

• Debbie

You said you use a cheap caulk to put on your ceiling tiles and hold them up, now is that going to give out and are they going to fall ?

• Paula

Can you do this on vaulted ceilings? And do you think it would look good. Also it seems that this would be a lot easier to clean.

• ANN

I bought a fixer upper, and hired a drop ceiling guy. He installed coffer tiles with hanging grid. The project was 1700 sq. ft. and it cost $3850.00. My point being if I had known about those product I would have dyi it !!! But I still have the upstairs to do !!! And thanks so much for the Great info,

• Cindy

Omg! I am so excited to try this!