Faux Carriage Garage Door - Curb Appeal for Just a Few Bucks

Our garage door is in great shape . It works, doesn't have damage to it, and is not necessarily an eyesore. So we didn't want to spend any money to replace it just because it was bland and boring.
create a faux carriage garage door and pump up your curb appeal, curb appeal, doors, garage doors, garages
After seeing some hardware at Home Depot, on clearance for about $4.00, I decided to give it an update that might be a little unusual.
Using materials we had on hand (so it didn't cost me any more than what the hardware cost), first I taped off the top row of squares as above, making sure to measure out the spaces to be perfect squares. I used a good primer and paint and painted the squares. Then we installed the carriage door hardware, removed the paint tape and we were rewarded with some kick-butt curb appeal for just a few dollars!
Check out the completed project on the blog, and get more information on what products we used to accomplish this project.

Eliesa @ Pinterest Addict

• Deb Coleman

How did you attach the hardware? Screws or glue/adhesive?

• Ivory

Wow! I love this and plan to do this as soon as the weather get warm.

• Anneee

That is the coolest 'update' I've ever seen . I'm so tempted. Is the white trim on the faux black windows actual wood trim or is painted white , or the original white I'd the garage door ?

• Jackie Byrd

Nice job. It looks very good in the picture of the whole house. I've been doing a lot of research on this topic. There are a lot of different ways to jazz up a garage door. Google "garage door decorations" for more ideas.

• Snapoutofit

Oh my! This is fantastic! You are so clever.