Nail Polish Flowerpot

329K Views
I am always scoping out the internet for new ideas to try. I really wanted to try this one because it looked easy for you to do, and it looks so cool when finished.
  • nil polish flowerpot, crafts, how to, painting
I took a terracotta pot and painted it with Rustoleum White Blossom.
I let it dry completely. Then I took a old pail and filled it with warm water. At the end you will have some polish stuck to pail. You can use nail polish remover to get it off.
Now you have to remember, I haven't tried this before, and I was hoping I was doing it right. I shook the nail polishes really well before putting in the water. I emptied two small bottles of two different colors into the water, making swirl patterns. You can take a skewer or something and spread the paint around. But do not mix it.
I dipped the terracotta pot in all the way to the top. Now you can dip it to the rim, and decorate that instead of dipping....I went for the whole pot! Tip: It's better if you wear gloves.
I lightly wiped off the wet beads with a paper towel. I let it dry completely, then sprayed with Rustoleum Clear Sealer.
I love it! It goes so well with the patio makeover. If you are hesitant about this project, try it in a paper cup with water then pour just a bit to see if it floats. If it does, your good to go. I purchased the nail polish at Walmart....inexpensive...a couple dollars each. Check out more of my projects at kelleysdiy.com

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:59 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Kelleysdiy