Nail Polish Flowerpot

I am always scoping out the internet for new ideas to try. I really wanted to try this one because it looked easy for you to do, and it looks so cool when finished.
I took a terracotta pot and painted it with Rustoleum White Blossom.
I let it dry completely. Then I took a old pail and filled it with warm water. At the end you will have some polish stuck to pail. You can use nail polish remover to get it off.
Now you have to remember, I haven't tried this before, and I was hoping I was doing it right. I shook the nail polishes really well before putting in the water. I emptied two small bottles of two different colors into the water, making swirl patterns. You can take a skewer or something and spread the paint around. But do not mix it.
I dipped the terracotta pot in all the way to the top. Now you can dip it to the rim, and decorate that instead of dipping....I went for the whole pot! Tip: It's better if you wear gloves.
I lightly wiped off the wet beads with a paper towel. I let it dry completely, then sprayed with Rustoleum Clear Sealer.
I love it! It goes so well with the patio makeover. If you are hesitant about this project, try it in a paper cup with water then pour just a bit to see if it floats. If it does, your good to go. I purchased the nail polish at Walmart....inexpensive...a couple dollars each. Check out more of my projects at kelleysdiy.com

Kelleysdiy

• Trina Moodie

Instead of nail polish can I use Acrylic craft paint? Thank you, I love the look.
    • Nancy Gramm

What Pat said. But you can do a similar marbling technique with acrylic paint on shaving cream. I've used the process to marble paper, not sure how it would work with anything larger.

• Sul32574913

Can you use a plastic pot

• Itsy

This is pretty neat! Did you also spray rustoleum on the inside of the pot?

• Sophia

Seen this before but your instructions and images are well said, clear and easily understood. Thank you....and I love the tray you accessorized. Will try that too. 😊

• Daisy@TX

Love this and will try it!