Kitchen Facelift

This is a before pic of my kitchen. I don't have a ton of money to sink (get the pun) into my kitchen, so I did most of the work myself. I also would've loved to have new fancy cabinets, but since that wasn't an option I gave them a facelift.
I used the same paint I bought to paint my walls, I had about 2.5 gallons left over, so it made financial sense.
Removed all the doors. The guys thought I was nuts, but they love the new look!
I gave them a good wash and then painted away.
After they dried, I introduced the magic.
Painted it on.
Then wiped it off.
Sealed it up with two coats of poly
You can find this at Home Depot or Lowe's
I added some new trim (found at Lowe's)
The final result is wonderful and really opened up the kitchen. I do not miss the yellow stained cabinets.
This is a picture of the paint I used to paint them - it is tinted off white/beige color. The paint label is no longer in the bucket.

• Judy

Why do the cabinet doors shown before and after project have matching number or opening areas when pictures shown during project have either one, two, or no such opening areas. During project, pictures do not match before and after doors shown.

• Deb

I would say the holes are on the backside of the doors, where the hinges are attached.

• Peggy

I had hired someone to paint my kitchen cabinets. I thought they were professionals. not only did they do a terrible job of painting, but I didn’t realize until later that they used a non-oil-based paint. in order to do this project, do I have to sand the cabinets to get rid of the yucky paint? I love this white-washed effect!

• Peggy

they did not use any polyurethane. and the paint they used was a water-wash-up for the brushes.

• Sherry Bel

The cabinets I have in mind are darker... would it change the result?

• Jalena Rusaw

a much darker paint might not show the wood grain/aged look that came through. Just test a drawer - I’m certain you’ll make it work and it will look amazing!