Kitchen Facelift

This is a before pic of my kitchen. I don't have a ton of money to sink (get the pun) into my kitchen, so I did most of the work myself. I also would've loved to have new fancy cabinets, but since that wasn't an option I gave them a facelift.
I used the same paint I bought to paint my walls, I had about 2.5 gallons left over, so it made financial sense.
Removed all the doors. The guys thought I was nuts, but they love the new look!
I gave them a good wash and then painted away.
After they dried, I introduced the magic.
Painted it on.
Then wiped it off.
Sealed it up with two coats of poly
You can find this at Home Depot or Lowe's
I added some new trim (found at Lowe's)
The final result is wonderful and really opened up the kitchen. I do not miss the yellow stained cabinets.
This is a picture of the paint I used to paint them - it is tinted off white/beige color. The paint label is no longer in the bucket.

• Maura Campbell

Absolutely Awesome! I am going to try this. Did you sand the cabinets before painting? How much of the glaze do you put on and how long do you wait before you wipe it back? Do you use a sponge or a cloth to wipe it back? Do you use one coat of glaze or two?

I tried a similar project from directions on Hometalk and was never able to get it to look right or anything like the pictures of the project. It just looked dirty instead of antique. After trying twice with two different colors of glaze, I gave up and just painted the cabinets. The glaze used in that project was different than what you used so I am hoping to get it to come out looking like yours by using the supplies you recommend!

• Judy

Why do some of the cabinet doors have one hole, some have two holes, and others shownd for this same project have no holes when shown before the project starts, all cabinet doors match the way to open?

• Judy

Why do the cabinet doors shown before and after project have matching number or opening areas when pictures shown during project have either one, two, or no such opening areas. During project, pictures do not match before and after doors shown.

• Patty

Gorgeous. This is what my kitchen needs.

• Linda

Totally unbelievable!!! The pic with the glaze on -- I'm goin ugghhh!!! Then BAM!!! Blow my mind!! Absolutely amazingly Beautiful!!!!! So gorgeous!! Never would have thought it possible!!! Truly WOW!!!!!!!!