Glade Interiors
Glade Interiors
  • Bradenton, FL
Asked on Jun 5, 2012

What to do with a stained white feather comforter/mattress cover? oxi/bleach solution no help. Dye? Find a duvet cover?

Karen C3po3Glade Interiors
+7

• 3po3

Do you know what the stains are?

• If oxi/bleach did not work, I agree, the duvet cover is the answer. If you cannot find a reasonable one, then sew 2 flat sheet together like a pillowcase. This is easy & inexpensive.

• KMS Woodworks

have you tried regular bleach...You said this is white? the only color real bleach can work on.

• Glade Interiors

Stains are God knows -- my son and his girl used awhile. :) Bought brown dye -- can't hurt, then like the 2 sheets sewn together idea! Thanks! Also thought about cutting apart and using for large pillows, seat cushions, bench cushions...need to learn how to sew. lol

• 3po3

Seems like it couldn't hurt to try KMS' suggestion of regular bleach before these other backup plans.

• Priscilla E

Try aplying lemon juice to the stains and put it in the sun. Then bring it in and wash with Tide and vinegar and bleach. First put bleach and tide and then vinegar. Do not put in dryer as it will seal the stains.

• Carol J

I've used bleach and dishwater detergent in the washing machine with great results.I usually pour it in, run hot water and let soak over night. Good luck!

• Glade Interiors

Thanks all. I gave it to my friend who helped me move...now there's an easy solution!

• 3po3

Brilliant Let her figure it out if she wants to.

• Karen C

peroxide works on stains as well, we use it on clothing when there is a blood stain that wont come out