The Fastest Way to Clean Glass Dishes

1.04M Views
Cooking in glass/pyrex dishes are great, except when it comes to cleaning them. I always find that my chicken is nicely cooked, but the sauce is burnt to the pan. With a little tinfoil, you can scrub off that stuck-on grime really quickly.
Time: 2 MinutesDifficulty: Easy
Here’s my dish after some chicken parm. Ugh!
  • how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Step 1: Add a Little Soap
I added a few squirts of dish soap to my dirty pan and made sure it spread all over.
Step 2: Run Water over the Whole Pan
Then, I turned on the faucet and let the bottom of the pan fill up , to spread the soap around.
Step 3: Crumple up a Piece of Aluminum Foil
I crumpled up my aluminum foil into a very loose ball. Don’t make it tight, because you want all the texture to do the scrubbing for you.
Step 4: Scrub
I scrubbed the corners and burnt areas with my foil ball, and the grime easily lifted away! I was a little worried about scratching the pan, but no harm was done (well, except for to the baked-on gook!).
Step 5: Rinse
I ran the dish under the faucet just to wash away any remaining grime, and then let it dry!
See how easy that was?
Next time you dirty-up a glass pan, don't let it soak - banish that food right away with foil!

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 15, 2018 11:20 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
  • Wheesie46
    Wheesie46

Add a few drops of dish soap with warm water to the burnt level. Return the pan to the hot oven and it will clean itself as the oven is cooling down. Be sure to remember to remove it later!

• Susie Lee
      Susie Lee Macomb, MI

instead of dish soap, I spray it with white vinegar, add a small a bit of water in the bottom of the pan and let it sit for a few seconds....or as long as you can. You won't need foil at all. If you so, it will be very little.