The Fastest Way to Clean Glass Dishes

Cooking in glass/pyrex dishes are great, except when it comes to cleaning them. I always find that my chicken is nicely cooked, but the sauce is burnt to the pan. With a little tinfoil, you can scrub off that stuck-on grime really quickly.
Here’s my dish after some chicken parm. Ugh!
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Step 1: Add a Little Soap
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I added a few squirts of dish soap to my dirty pan and made sure it spread all over.
Step 2: Run Water over the Whole Pan
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Then, I turned on the faucet and let the bottom of the pan fill up , to spread the soap around.
Step 3: Crumple up a Piece of Aluminum Foil
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I crumpled up my aluminum foil into a very loose ball. Don’t make it tight, because you want all the texture to do the scrubbing for you.
Step 4: Scrub
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I scrubbed the corners and burnt areas with my foil ball, and the grime easily lifted away! I was a little worried about scratching the pan, but no harm was done (well, except for to the baked-on gook!).
Step 5: Rinse
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I ran the dish under the faucet just to wash away any remaining grime, and then let it dry!
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
See how easy that was?
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Next time you dirty-up a glass pan, don't let it soak - banish that food right away with foil!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 05, 2018 10:17 PM - More info

3 questions on this project