The Fastest Way to Clean Glass Dishes

Cooking in glass/pyrex dishes are great, except when it comes to cleaning them. I always find that my chicken is nicely cooked, but the sauce is burnt to the pan. With a little tinfoil, you can scrub off that stuck-on grime really quickly.
Here’s my dish after some chicken parm. Ugh!
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Step 1: Add a Little Soap
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I added a few squirts of dish soap to my dirty pan and made sure it spread all over.
Step 2: Run Water over the Whole Pan
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Then, I turned on the faucet and let the bottom of the pan fill up , to spread the soap around.
Step 3: Crumple up a Piece of Aluminum Foil
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I crumpled up my aluminum foil into a very loose ball. Don’t make it tight, because you want all the texture to do the scrubbing for you.
Step 4: Scrub
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I scrubbed the corners and burnt areas with my foil ball, and the grime easily lifted away! I was a little worried about scratching the pan, but no harm was done (well, except for to the baked-on gook!).
Step 5: Rinse
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
I ran the dish under the faucet just to wash away any remaining grime, and then let it dry!
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
See how easy that was?
how to clean glass dishes fast and easy
Next time you dirty-up a glass pan, don't let it soak - banish that food right away with foil!

• Myra

How can I get the cooked on grime off the outside bottom of my pans and skillets?

• Shari

Lemon half and salt. Use the lemon to scrub the pan

• Jacquie Trundy

Can you clean an iron skillet with the alum ball?

• Dia31641905

You can but remember do NOT let cast iron air dry. Put over burner or in warm oven to dry after towel drying. Always keep it seasoned properly.

• Aiokersonalicea1

Told a friend about this. She asked, can this also work on metal pans too.

• Mar26826625

You can also use a dryer sheet. This works in all pans. Just fill pan with hot soapy water and a dryer sheet. Depending on the baked on residue, this will work in 30 minutes or overnight. No scrubbing. 😃

• Liz McCafferty

This may work on the glass front of the oven - I must try it!