The Fastest Way to Clean Glass Dishes

Cooking in glass/pyrex dishes are great, except when it comes to cleaning them. I always find that my chicken is nicely cooked, but the sauce is burnt to the pan. With a little tinfoil, you can scrub off that stuck-on grime really quickly.
Here’s my dish after some chicken parm. Ugh!
Step 1: Add a Little Soap
I added a few squirts of dish soap to my dirty pan and made sure it spread all over.
Step 2: Run Water over the Whole Pan
Then, I turned on the faucet and let the bottom of the pan fill up , to spread the soap around.
Step 3: Crumple up a Piece of Aluminum Foil
I crumpled up my aluminum foil into a very loose ball. Don’t make it tight, because you want all the texture to do the scrubbing for you.
Step 4: Scrub
I scrubbed the corners and burnt areas with my foil ball, and the grime easily lifted away! I was a little worried about scratching the pan, but no harm was done (well, except for to the baked-on gook!).
Step 5: Rinse
I ran the dish under the faucet just to wash away any remaining grime, and then let it dry!
See how easy that was?
Next time you dirty-up a glass pan, don't let it soak - banish that food right away with foil!

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 14 questions
  • Myra Myra on Oct 21, 2017
    How can I get the cooked on grime off the outside bottom of my pans and skillets?
  • Jacquie Trundy Jacquie Trundy on May 02, 2018

Can you clean an iron skillet with the alum ball?

• Aiokersonalicea1 Aiokersonalicea1 on Jun 16, 2018

Told a friend about this. She asked, can this also work on metal pans too.

Comments

3 of 114 comments
  • Patty Patty on Apr 29, 2018

You can also use a dryer sheet. This works in all pans. Just fill pan with hot soapy water and a dryer sheet. Depending on the baked on residue, this will work in 30 minutes or overnight. No scrubbing. 😃

• Liz McCafferty Liz McCafferty on Apr 29, 2018

This may work on the glass front of the oven - I must try it!

• Teresa Byrd Johnson Teresa Byrd Johnson on Jan 14, 2019

Baking soda and viniger. Make paste..let sit a few minutes and scrape off. Works like a charm!

Next