DIY - Build Your Kids a Play Castle

Do your kids want a tree house? No big trees in your yard? Try this alternative when your kids are little.
Unfortunately, I don't have any large trees in my yard. I have two younger trees that are about 15-20 feet in high so I have not really considered my kids requests. But that recently changed. With a little imagination, I came up with a design for a deck that I would call a "castle" built around a very pretty Amur Maple that lives on a small hill in my backyard.
The kids loved the idea of having a castle to play in. But they also wanted it to have towers, a slide, a plank, and it's own fairy garden (Because what castle doesn't have a fairy garden, right?). I guess my idea of a simple deck was just not going to cut it. So to the drawing board I went.....To read more visit: http://livedan330.com/2013/07/19/2013612diy-kids-play-castle/ and don't forget to follow us on Hometalk.
Build the base around a small tree leaving room for the tree to grow.
The tree fort Castle is supported by the ground. Being low to the ground makes is safer for the little ones.
After the decking is on start adding the sides.
We added a slide and a ramp on the downhill side of the castle.
We used fencing and varied the length to make it look like a castle. The kids painted shields which were the finishing touches on their castle.
Finished product with slide, ramp and hammock.

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Dan330

• Kyle1939
    Kyle1939

I would love to do this for the little ones at my church. I would like to know about what to expect it to cost in material. A ball park figure would suffice. Thank you.

• Nancy Flemming
      Nancy Flemming

Kyle maybe ask your local building supply store they may donate some of the supplies being it is for the church playground.

• Wendy
    Wendy

Are there plans for this somewhere? Would love to make it but don't see the plans anywhere.

• Laurin Howard
    Laurin Howard

Our goats would love this!!

• Renie Bean
    Renie Bean

My son has been thinking of building some sort of playhouse type thing for his daughter. This is a great inspiration!!