Dan330
Dan330
  • Saint Paul, MN

DIY - Build Your Kids a Play Castle

Do your kids want a tree house? No big trees in your yard? Try this alternative when your kids are little.
Unfortunately, I don't have any large trees in my yard. I have two younger trees that are about 15-20 feet in high so I have not really considered my kids requests. But that recently changed. With a little imagination, I came up with a design for a deck that I would call a "castle" built around a
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, Build the base around a small tree leaving room for the tree to grow
Build the base around a small tree leaving room for the tree to grow.
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, The tree fort Castle is supported by the ground Being low to the ground makes is safer for the little ones
The tree fort Castle is supported by the ground. Being low to the ground makes is safer for the little ones.
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, After the decking is on start adding the sides
After the decking is on start adding the sides.
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, We added a slide and a ramp on the downhill side of the castle
We added a slide and a ramp on the downhill side of the castle.
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, We used fencing and varied the length to make it look like a castle The kids painted shields which were the finishing touches on their castle
We used fencing and varied the length to make it look like a castle. The kids painted shields which were the finishing touches on their castle.
diy build your kids a play castle, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, Finished product with slide ramp and hammock
Finished product with slide, ramp and hammock.
Dan330

• Kyle1939

I would love to do this for the little ones at my church. I would like to know about what to expect it to cost in material. A ball park figure would suffice. Thank you.

• Nancy Flemming

Kyle maybe ask your local building supply store they may donate some of the supplies being it is for the church playground.

• Gail

They will remember this even when they get to be old. Very nice and very kind!

• Laurin Howard

Our goats would love this!!