Phyllis W
Phyllis W
  • Saint Pauls, NC

Recliner chair repair.

KMS WoodworksPhyllis W
+2

My mother's rocking recliner does not stay back in recline position. I recalled finding a long bolt under it and saved it. I tipped the chair over but could not find any place to put the bolt. Anyone have any help?
  • KMS Woodworks

Can you post a pic or two? Is the bolt threaded on one end? could there be a missing nut too?

• Phyllis W

KMS Woodworks Thank you for your reply. I've never done the picture thing on this site, I'll try. What views do you need? The bolt is about two inches long and threaded the whole length. I did not find a nut anywhere.

• KMS Woodworks

I've never seen the bottom of one of these so...I kind of guessing. But I think a detail shot or two of the pivot points and well as the main frame.

• Phyllis W

I noticed today that it is 'listing' to one side also.

• KMS Woodworks

That seems like a big clue. tip the thing over and see if you can pull the lower sides "legs" out. There may be a pair of holes that this bolt fell out from, look closely at the "good" side to see if you can find a matching part that is still in place.