The Cofran Home
The Cofran Home
  • Chicago, IL

DIY Antler Jewelry Holder

I like to have my jewelry displayed in plain sight in my closet so I can see what I have. I also like to keep it organized. I'm always adding new pieces, so in order to stay organized it was time for some additional jewelry storage!
diy antler jewelry holder, crafts, how to, organizing, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I found these Antlers in Hobby Lobby’s Christmas Aisle (yes, they already have a Christmas aisle?!) for $1.50 each! I was immediately in love. They were attached to sticks to put in an arrangement of some sort, I’m guessing. I also picked up this wooden disk at Hobby Lobby.
I started by painting the antlers white.
Then I painted the wooden disk white.
Once I had them all painted, I let them sit and dry completely.
When I was sure they were completely dry, I started the color blocking. I took masking tape, taped off the tops of a few antlers and painted them.
Once everything was the way I liked it, I removed the sticks from the antlers. I actually thought this was going to be harder than it was. I literally just yanked the sticks out. I didn’t even have to pull that hard!
I drilled the antlers into the wooden disk. The antlers already had holes in the bottom of them, so it made it extra simple to drill!
And that's it!
Just add jewelry!
The Cofran Home

• Donna

I may have missed it but are they real antlers or faux? And for anyone who is wondering -- deer aren't killed for their antlers, they shed them each year. Males shed in the Fall, females in the Spring. Rudolph has antlers, therefore he's a girl! LOL

• Dawn Renee' Lemons Freeman

I think some may not understand the difference between a member of the "deer" family and the "antelope" family. All members of the deer family shed their antlers annually. Members of the antelope family have HORNS that are never shed. Still, hunters hunt for meat. Only a poacher hunts for the "trophy" (whether antlers or horns) with no regard for the meat.

• Myla Putt

I adore this jewelry display solution! I did not understand exactly how they were attached to the disk?

• Kim Stutler

Hello,

I use E 6000 a lot for all sorts of projects. Just follow the directions for the glue and I always let my projects set for 24 hours.

• Rebecca Bruce

I found real deer antlers and a friend drilled a hole in the bottom, put screws in a wooden base attached them. I kept mine natural. GreAt for hanging things....

• Jessica

I have several sets of real antlers my son gave me.they r in a box.Out they will come.ty