Bottle Cap Mosaic Chairs

I recycled my worn and rotted metal patio chairs into a bottle cap craft you can sit on!
My mosaic bistro table and chairs were so rotted mushrooms grew in the chairs!
I took the chairs apart with a screwdriver, cleaned the rust off the iron chairs with a metal brush, and gave them a new rust inhibiting paint job. Using the seat as a template, I traced it and cut new seats from plywood with a jigsaw.
I gave both sides of the wood seat a protective coat of outdoor paint. When it was dry I used the bottle caps as tiles and went with a circles of black, gold, red, and green bottlecaps on each of my chairs based on what bottle caps we have on hand. The brands are different on each chair but the cap colors stay the same so they coordinate.
After a few days the grout was thoroughly dried. I sealed the seats to protect the metal bottlecaps from rusting outside. Once they were dry, I screwed the seats to the chair frame and put them outside on my porch.

• Bottlecaps
  • Metal chair frame
  • Screwdriver

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Lisa - Condo Blues

• Carol P.
    Carol P.

You mentioned nothing about grout except in passing. Explain what type, how to apply it, and how to remove the excess.
  • Gail Frazier
    Gail Frazier

Yes