Teresa D
Teresa D
  • Snellville, GA
Asked on Jun 6, 2012

Japanese Maple Saplings up for grabs in Atlanta

Elizabeth Downing FrankCulpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.Teresa D
+20

I've got 2 (or 3) Japanese Maples that have sprouted in my yard. I've been trying to hold on to them but I honestly have nowhere to put them. I already have 2 in the front. My yard guys have tried to pull them up and I always tell them to leave them alone. I hate to just trash them. Anyone in the Atlanta area interested in them? They are pretty small but maybe someone can do something with them.
q japanese maple saplings up for grabs in atlanta, gardening
  • Erica Glasener

Great offer Teresa and they are the perfect size to move. I got one from a friend a few years ago and it is thriving.

• Designs by BSB

Teresa -- Id love to get these from you! Can you hold out til the weekend?

• KMS Woodworks

They are some cute little guys....too bad I'm located 1500 miles away. Hometalk has a pretty good size community in the Atlanta area...hopefully someone will snatch them up soon

• Pam

Teresa I would love one but have too much sun for a Japanese Maple. No shade at all around my condo. BooHoo.

• Well Becky Sue beat me too them but if you get more, let me know....especially waterfall Japanese maples.

• Teresa D

BeckySue, you've got it! I'll try to get them dug up and in pots by Saturday morning.

• Jeanette S

My neighbor's tree puts out pups all the time and she gives them away! It is a wonderful gift to give someone! Sweet of you to think of others!

• Becky H

Teresa D. you are a true gardener! All gardeners love to share. I do it all the time.

• Designs by BSB

Teresa.. you dont have to dig my friend! I am going to send my husband over :-) Is Sunday late morning ok?

• Designs by BSB

Thinking I should be starting a new post asking the best way to plant these! How big of hole? Add some soil? (our yard is mostly clay) fertilizer?

• Teresa D

@BeckySue, *hanging my shovel back up* I have a presentation on Sunday afternoon so it would need to be before 10:30 or after 2:00. And here is a link about planting your new japanese maples: http://www.southernliving.com/home-garden/gardens/how-to-plant-japanese-maple-00417000073232/

• Melissa K

So, you are saying that my japanese maple is not thriving because I have it in direct sun with two roses bushes? gets no larger than the ones depicted here and is 3-4 years old. Lawdy!

• Kitty W

Lucky you! When we first moved to this house we purchased one from Pikes Nursery and it was promptly eaten by the neighbors goats......then it died. Goats are gone, neighbor is gone and a fence is up now anyway.

• Designs by BSB

Teresa.. after 2.. thank you dear lady! Likely just going to be my husband Scott .. please email me your address again? :)

• Jeanette, I would love a couple when your neighbor shares again!

• Carlene M

I would love to know how to get mine to sprout. My 10yr old tree is loaded with seeds for the past 3 years. :)

• Teresa D

These are back up for grabs. 2 japanese maples. Get 'em while they're hot! (or alive)

• Sharon

I live in Lawrenceville and would love them if they are still available.

• Designs by BSB

sorry to let you down that I couldnt make the time Teresa. it was a bit of surprise to learn that seedlings have such a low rate of being a true Japanese maple.. I have too many tall trees already, haha

• Thank you Teresa, I do want them, but I will not be in Atlanta for a few weeks.

• Teresa D

That's ok BeckySue. Lee Anne, if they are still here when you get back, you are more than welcome to them.

• Elizabeth Downing Frank

Here in Texas, we have to pay TOP DOLLAR for these! I'm talking $60 - $70 for a puny little sapling.