Recycle Your Old Doors Into Your Country Cottage Getaway

$400

I live in a small 2 bedroom home and with that being said I took the smaller bedroom and made a walk in closet so I always needed somewhere for my grand- Munchkins to sleep when they come over. .. and I always wanted a Country Cottage!
recycle your old doors into your country cottage getaway, bedroom ideas, crafts, doors, repurposing upcycling
Door 1 was given to me by a friend so I lightly sanded and distressed it using a little stain in the sanded in areas...

Door 2 was a rescue headed to the trash so I quickly grabbed it up ! It also got a little sanding and distressing and both doors are solid wood... So this is where the fun begins securing all doors to the wall and 1 small one from and old play house ... I purchased 2 twin beds and started building my couches..
Then I made a trip to my local Home Improvement store and picked up some canvas drop cloth
I took the canvas and upholstery the box springs of the twin beds this one canvas was enough to do the front and two sides of each bed and using an old comforter l cut for extra padding made it soft and plush..
And then taking the leftover canvas and cutting it into ribbons and secure it around the bed rails to hide them....
And to finish it off I purchase two more small canvas drop cloth for the coverlets and with fitted sheets underneath and lots of pillows♡♡
Now all of my grand- Munchkins have a place to cuddle up and relax when they come to my Country Cottage♡♡♡
Having fun with Eve's Saturday Projects! !

• Suzanne Martin

Is the low hanging chandelier a good choice for a room meant for children who LOVE to jump on beds?

• Jill Ron Pike

@ Suzanne Martin-- I'm surprised you didn't ask if the children wouldn't hop up on the chair shelf too...lol. If there are rules and supervision in place, those types of concerns are non-issues.

Eve, this was clearly a project of love. I wish I had my grandkids close enough to snuggle with them in a room like this! If anyone is concerned about a specific element in their own version, it is certainly their option to modify it. As for yours, It... is...BEAUTIFUL!

• Dee Ann

How did you attached the doors to the walls?

• Eve Moore Kiser

I screwed them into the studs with Carpenter screws.. and believe me they don't move,hope this helps thanks!

• M&M&M’s grandma

Could you make benches? Then add table great for extra seating.

Your decorating is awesome!

• Eve Moore Kiser

Yes, but for me is was a little easier to do the deds...Thanks so much 😊