Recycle Your Old Doors Into Your Country Cottage Getaway

$400

I live in a small 2 bedroom home and with that being said I took the smaller bedroom and made a walk in closet so I always needed somewhere for my grand- Munchkins to sleep when they come over. .. and I always wanted a Country Cottage!
Door 1 was given to me by a friend so I lightly sanded and distressed it using a little stain in the sanded in areas...

Door 2 was a rescue headed to the trash so I quickly grabbed it up ! It also got a little sanding and distressing and both doors are solid wood... So this is where the fun begins securing all doors to the wall and 1 small one from and old play house ... I purchased 2 twin beds and started building my couches..
Then I made a trip to my local Home Improvement store and picked up some canvas drop cloth
I took the canvas and upholstery the box springs of the twin beds this one canvas was enough to do the front and two sides of each bed and using an old comforter l cut for extra padding made it soft and plush..
And then taking the leftover canvas and cutting it into ribbons and secure it around the bed rails to hide them....
And to finish it off I purchase two more small canvas drop cloth for the coverlets and with fitted sheets underneath and lots of pillows♡♡
Now all of my grand- Munchkins have a place to cuddle up and relax when they come to my Country Cottage♡♡♡
Having fun with Eve's Saturday Projects! !

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Jennie Hulsey

How do you create the old look on the wood

• Nikki

This is such a pretty room, wonderful decorating. It would be fun to visit Gramma and stay there.

• Sandy

Forget Grandma, I want to do this in my media room. Oh wait....I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE A GRANDMA...LOL.

• Sandy

I absolutely love this idea and appreciate this post because I have tried for 20+ years to convince my hubby to get on board with getting rid of the sofas, in the media room and putting in 2 twin beds and making them into very comfy sofas. I can think of many variations on this idea which I think based on the arrangements, would make a room appear larger. Love this.

• Kay

I love this idea! I've been thinking board and baton style but with anything but flush walls in my bedroom this is perfect. Thanks for sharing I now have a budget friendly project I can't wait to get started on

• Necee Marie

The room looks awesome!! Kuddos