Front Door Makeover

1 Material
The previous homeowner removed the regulation size door 6'8" and replaced it with a much shorter door. The door itself is very unique and I want to keep it but make it look taller. I think I've achieved that goal with lots of moulding
Before
Remove a section of the baseboard to make room for trim
Side trim and header added
Side trim, base trim and crown moulding added
Caulked and Primed the trim
Two coats of door paint (Agave)
One coat of wall paint (Silverscreen)

• Madagascar Base moulding, MDF Crown moulding, One inch wood trim, white caulking compound, KILZ prim   (Home Depot)
Teri Uliasz Boyungs

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 16 questions
  • Claudettechander0 Claudettechander0 on Jun 21, 2018

Did you have to cut the corners of the piece on to as well, and how easy/hard was it to do? - It looks very professionally done.

• Millymolly Millymolly on Aug 25, 2018

I hope this isn't off topic but I do like the color of the original walls, I would like to have it as an accent wall...do you happen to to know what it is? I do love what you did with your entryway, it looks beautiful with the moulding.

• Lori Bussey Lori Bussey on Oct 10, 2018

WILL YOU SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE OUTSIDE OF THIS DOOR. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND IF YOU DID ANYTHING TO THE OUTSIDE. MY EMAIL IS LORI.BUSSEY@GMAIL.COM THIS IS SO CREATIVE. I CAN NOT WAIT TO TRY IT .

THANKS.

LORI BUSSEY

Comments

2 of 75 comments
  • Carol Marszalek Carol Marszalek on Aug 27, 2020

I am a little confused about the door itself. Is there a door within a door? What are the interior hinges and clasps on the inside of the actual door?

• Teresa Ulian Teresa Ulian on Apr 04, 2021

Yes

Next