DIY Splashback (Backsplash) With Wallpaper

When my friend had a new kitchen recently installed, she didn’t want the usual tiled splashback for the cooker. She wanted something that was going to be a bit of a statement piece. Therefore when I come across some gorgeous Dragonfly wallpaper by Harlequin, I knew that was the one for her kitchen. A DIY splashback (backsplash) with wallpaper was the way to go. The wallpaper is protected with a piece of glass and is screwed to the wall. Plus you know what the really awesome thing about this DIY splashback (backsplash), is that it’s really easy to unscrew the glass and change the wallpaper when you feel like something different.
The first thing we did was measure the area for the splashback and cut some good quality plywood to the size.
Thinking carefully how the wallpaper pattern would fit we wallpapered the plywood.
We used a Harlequin, dragonflies wallpaper.
We got a sheet of 5.5mm toughened low iron glass cut to size at our local hardware store. We used a low iron toughened glass for this splashback (backsplash)because if it’s not low iron the glass can have a green hue to it. The DIY Splashback (backsplash) and the glass were fitted to the wall all together. With the mirror screws going through the glass and splashback (backsplash) into the wall. The screws were capped off with chrome mirror screw domes. Finally when it’s all in place you can fit the tile trim round the edge of your DIY splashback.
You can see more instructions and the bathroom splashback we also did on the blog. (link at the end).
I love to you use wallpaper for many of my DIY and upcycling projects. Click here , to see these wallpaper ideas including a tutorial for the kitchen bin in the photo above. You could use this method to paint and design your own splashback, you could even create a giant piece of wall art for splashback. Click here to see my tutorial on how easy it is to paint your own wall art.

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Phyllis Whitney

I’ve been looking for inspiration for a backsplash because I’m not fond of tile, either. I love the glass because cleaning will be so much easier than tile or anything textured but still is pretty.

• LCoucher

I did this a few years ago thinking it made more sense than tile styles that come and go. And you can use fabric, as well. So easy to change out.