Store Pots and Pans on a Grill Grate

$30-40

I don't know how many of you have an issue with clanging pots and pans together, trying to get them out of a small cabinet everytime you need one, but that has been my headache as of late. I've always wanted a kitchen island with a pot/pan rack hanging overhead for as long as I can remember but as it stands right now, our small house doesn't have room for an island so here is my solution for my pot/pan situation.
grill grate pot holder, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
This project was a little time consuming but was fairly inexpensive and very easy to make! I love the touch of rustic that the twine added to the super silver grill grate.
Supplies:
-grill grate (I got the cheapest one I could find at Home Depot that didn't have the gross grease coating on it. I thought to try and find one at the thrift store or Salvation Army but I didn't want to search the planet trying to find the perfect size grate that wasn't super nasty so I opted to just buy a brand new one.)
-roll of jute twine
-double hanging hook
-S hooks
Not Pictured:
-drill
-screws and anchors
-hammer
STEP 1: Wrap twine
To start, I cut a huge piece of twine from the roll--I didn't measure but I'd say it was probably 3-4 feet long to get me started. Then, I tied a knot with the twine on the outermost edge of my grate. Next, I wrapped the twine very tight and close. When I came upon crossing, I wrapped as closely as I could to it and then incorporated the crossing (you'll notice fatter parts of the edge in my final picture). Once I got to the end of the first piece of twine, I tied another huge piece of twine it and continued wrapping the twine tightly around the edge of my grate until the entire outer edge of the grate was covered with twine.
STEP 2: Mount hanging hook
Next, I mounted my hanging hook. I marked where I wanted my hook to go, then because I didn't have a stud on the place I marked, I installed anchors. After my anchors were put in, I drilled my screws in place and snapped the cover of my hook back on.
STEP 3: Add S hooks
After you hang your grill grate, add your S-hooks where you want them. I used .130" x 1-1/2" hooks. They came three in a pack so you may want to grab a few--they're only $1.98 a pack so it won't break the bank should you decide to hang all of your pots and pans.
I love this new pot holder--it's out of the way and adds an extra touch of rustic to my kitchen. When Rob and I eventually get a bigger house, I can always add another grate to this one and mount it higher in order to add the rest of our pots to it but for now, these are the things we use the most and now will be readily accessible.

• Grill grate  (Home Depot)
  • Jute twine  (Home Depot)
  • S-hooks  (Home Depot)

• Tinivb

I LIKE yes going to try this

• Linda

Like....also could hang from the ceiling over the sto ve!