Teresa
Teresa
  • Littleton, CO

Glass Stove Top

Cori WarnerKate SullivanA Design Group Atlanta, LLC
+1

The back burners of my Maytag glass top has sort of a white film that will not go away. I have tried baking soda, vinegar, and commercial stove top cleaner but nothing has worked. Does anyone else have this problem or a suggestion on how to get rid of this?
  • Cori Warner

It's possible something etched the glass, so you might try a glass polisher, you can find the kits online. However, its possible this might also remove any painted markings on the surface. The manufacturer might also sell a product that could help with this, so you might call and check with them

• A Design Group Atlanta, LLC

I've had good luck getting off stains by spreading baking soda on it and spritzing with white vinegar. There is a chemical reaction. You leave it on a few minutes, then use a nylon scrub sponge to scrub it and it usually comes right off. Try over and over until it is gone.

• Kate Sullivan

Try "barkeeper's friend." I had a similar experience on my range top and it worked beautifully.

• Cori Warner

Barkeeper's Friend is awesome, it cleans practically everything!