Vintage Bistro Makeover

$90
I have a love for outdoor living and iron furniture. I bought this set at auction. I love the grapes on the chairs. I decided to paint it red (5 cans of Rustoleum) and my daughter had the idea to make a wood seat instead of having to cover in outdoor fabric. My friend who is a woodworker, told me to go buy cedar decking. He traced the curved front and made cedar slats to fit so you have the option to put cushions on or not. He also made a strip to attach crossways underneath. I stained them with Ready Seal cedar preserver. I think it turned out really great!
Happily after!
Before
Don't you love the slats?!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question
  • MaryJane MaryJane on Nov 20, 2019

Hi, I just got a whole set of wrought iron furniture with a glass top table the Chairs are also missing the seats it’s just a hole. My question to you is how do you get the rust in the old paint off that shipping so badly it’s an old set but it’s very heavy it’s a good set. It also has the grapes leaf pattern and it’s on the back of the chairs and the table legs. How do I get into that intricate pattern to get rust and paint off???? Thank you so much for your time and your help.

Comments

2 of 13 comments
Next