Vickie Lackey
Vickie Lackey
  • Lincolnton, NC

A rod that sticks out farther from the wall than the blinds

Therese CLisa SchneiderZ
+6

My blinds are on the outside of my window casing & I can't find the longer brackets for a rod.
  • Vickie Lackey

Where can I find a longer bracket or how can I make one ?

• Marilyn Highley

A little clarification, please. It seems like you have blinds mounted outside the window casing, and I take it you want to add curtains, too, over the same window? What kind of rod do you want to use? What kind of curtains/drapes? If you'll do a search online for "curtain brackets with long projection", you see some options. (Sometimes the projection away from the wall is called "return".) Maybe that will give you some ideas.

• Vickie Lackey

Thank you so much ~ I really appreciate your help !

• Marilyn Highley

You're welcome. Good luck with your search.

• Bonnie Lewenza

When I had this problem what I used was and It may sound weird, but I mounted Plant Hangers and it worked wonderfully. Just a thought.

• KMS Woodworks

I just hung some like these yesterday for a client...they have an adjustable range. http://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Adjustable-Wall-Bracket-Black/dp/B00069C904/ref=lp_14264391_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374418374&sr=1-1 How deep is your window casework?

• Z

Marilyn beat me to telling you the proper terms. If you still can't find a rod with deep enough returns then you can making your own using plumbing supplies.

• Lisa Schneider

You can cut a block of wood and screw to the wall where it will be under your brackets. When we bought our house, the drapes in the master were done this way and we never noticed until we went to replace them.

• Therese C

I got mine at Wal-Mart. They are simple brackets. You can also use the fancier L-Brackets like used for wall shelves and simply flip them over.