Easiest Under the Sink Organizer Hack

$10

If you have a mess under your kitchen sink cabinet, there’s no need to fret! I have a super easy and cheap solution, and all it takes is 15 minutes, a tension rod and some plastic baskets. Bonus: it only costs $10 so say goodbye to that mess!
Here’s how my messy cabinet looked when I started this project. Not a pretty sight, right? Step 1: Empty out the Cabinet
I started by pulling everything out from under my sink. Emptying the sink cabinets allowed me to sort everything easily and quickly, and to get a good look at the space I had to work with. Step 2: Put up a Tension Rod
I decided to wedge in a tension rod, in order to create two "levels" for my cleaning supply storage. If you have a lot of bottles or baskets, you can even squeeze in two tension rods. Step 3: Hang up Spray Bottles
Most of my cleaning supplies are in spray bottles, so they fit perfectly over a tension rod, which clears up the much-needed floor space. Step 4: Organize Your Large Supplies
Now that I had that free space (thank you, tension rod!), I slid all the larger items I don’t use as regularly to the back of the cabinet, and put the larger items I do use regularly (like garbage bags) in the front of them. Step 5: Bring in Baskets
I laid out 3 plastic baskets and put all the medium and smaller items inside. Some of the more expensive under the sink organization kits have drawers, but plastic baskets slide in and out beautifully (and they're inexpensive), so I'm very happy with them. I wanted to corral everything in baskets so that if something spills, I can just rinse out the basket instead of having to clean everything under my sink.
Enjoy saving time and effort the next time you need to clean up a mess!
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

15 Perfectly Round Tables
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• Joan
    Yesterday

Does anyone have a solution for removal of hard water spots on shower doors and how to keep them off?

• Daisy
    Yesterday

Looks much better ..... why is food with poisonous cleaning supplies though?!! So dangerous.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    20 hours ago

I have an under the sink tension rod but it has swayed under the weight of my spray bottles. Any suggestions where I can get a thicker one? I've check Bed, Bath, & Beyond; At Home; and Hobby Lobby with no luck.

• Marjorie
    Yesterday

Have had this under sink jack for years! Truly amazing! I bought a shower curtain tension rod & my husband just cut some off to shorten it to fit.

• Marjorie
    12 hours ago

Lowe’s or Home Depot. It’s been years & has held up beautifully.