The Easiest Way to Clean Your Shower Curtain Liner

2 materials
$5
The other day I heard someone say you can clean your plastic shower curtain liner by putting it in the washing machine and I thought she was crazy. But now that I've tried it maybe I was crazy for not knowing this sooner!
In the past I've fought the uphill battle of scrubbing and wiping down the curtain periodically and then replacing it when I let it get ahead of me. Buying a new liner always hurts because we only buy the eco-friendly, PVC-free ones (linked on the blog) and they're a little more expensive. So after I heard it can be cleaned in the washing machine I decided to try this for myself as soon as I got home and save the expense of buying a new shower curtain liner.
I had planned to take before and after photos of our frosted shower curtain but it just didn't photograph well and maybe that's for the best, I don't think you all wanted to see our soap-scum anyways. It also didn't help that our pup Harley kept trying to "help."
How to: Now to clean the liner, it's pretty darn simple - just stick it in the washing machine with one or two bath towels, 1 cup of white vinegar (affiliate link) and your regular detergent (we use Seventh Generation Free & Clear - affiliate link), then wash on the delicate cycle. When it's done hang the curtain back up to dry -- DO NOT put in the dryer. The curtain will be a bit wrinkly at first but as clean as the day you bought it!
Ah, nice and clean - I wish I had known this sooner! { Follow me on Instagram @birchlandinghome }

Sarah | Birch Landing Home

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

2 of 108 comments
Next