Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR
Asked on Jun 7, 2012

How to paint my ?resin? fountain?

Bernice H3po3Lou B
+7

Well I think it is resin. Dont know where I got that idea or word, but it is a common fountain with a pineapple on it. Just plain grey. Can I paint it? If so with what kind of paint? It is not cement i know that. Just what everyone has.
  • 3po3

Bernice, do you have a photo of this wacky pineapple fountain?

• Bernice H

Yep, here is the wacky pineapple fountain. As I said , it is not cement, just a common , not very expensive fountain my son bought me years ago. I had hubs drill holes in the dish part so I could plant something in it. But I want to give it some color first.Then maybe portulacas?

q how to paint my resin fountain, painting, I took 3 pics because it is just about dark hereq how to paint my resin fountain, paintingq how to paint my resin fountain, painting
  • Bernice H

I went to the site. Not sure if the one she worked o n was cement or fakey cement look.

• 3po3

I can't really directly help you, but if you take these photos to a good paint store, like a Sherwin WIlliams, they can give you the right product, I expect.

• Bernice H

Hahahaha good idea Steve...how ever why dont I just take the wacky PINEAPPLE in? Now why.... didnt I think of that?

• Becky H

Bernice H., I've used acrylic paints on resin sculptures for the yard, and the color/paint has held up beautifully. You can purchase it from hobby/craft stores. Additionally, they sell sealers with these paints (water base) in satin and gloss; take your pick, if you wish a little extra insurance on your project.

• Lou B

What about Krylon spray paint....I have used it on several things in my garden.

• 3po3

Even better idea, Bernice.

• Bernice H

Well, I just didnt overthink it anymore, and spray painted them, posted a thread, but here is a picture or two.. Since then I painted the whole pineapple. fyi Steve.. it looks much better now! I do plan to put succulents in there....SOMEDAY! haha btw...You will have to check out that thread if you havent! Now that I think of it..I got real loose with the spray can!

q how to paint my resin fountain, paintingq how to paint my resin fountain, painting