How to Turn a Magazine Into a Really Cute Custom Banner!

Hi Everyone! Here is a really inexpensive fun and creative way to make a custom party banner using a magazine! In this case to save the magazine, I photo copied it's pages as you can read about below.
how to turn a magazine into a really cute custom banner , crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
Every year, I have an annual party! This years theme was a 1920's garden party. A few weeks before the party, serendipitously, I found this 1925 Good House Keeping magazine at a neighbours garage sale!
For 3.00 dollars, I scooped it up hoping to find inspiration for my party inside.
It was a treasure loaded with amazing recipes, photos and advertisement bringing the 1920's time period to life!
I really wanted all my party guests to enjoy the magazine, but feared with so many people flipping through it's pages it may fall apart.
Just one example of the hilarious advertisements from the magazine! For fear the magazine may fall apart, I thought, what would be a creative way to display the magazine for all to see? Bingo! I will make a banner out of the magazines pages! First, I photocopied 15 of my favourite pages.
On the back of the page, I measure 3 inches from the corner and then 4 1/2 to the middle to create the flag.
An idea of what the back outline looks like.
First, I began cutting them individually, but to save time layered the pages together and cut them out. If you decide to do so, make sure you have a tight grip on all pages!
I didn't like the black photo copy line (could not be avoided) so I cut some of the flags into a triangle.
I then punched a hole on each corner of the flag. Once again, you can layer the pages and punch them in multiples.
Using twine, I strung the flags together. How cute is this banner?! You can use any magazine for any occasion or theme!
A close up look! Not only is the banner cute, it adds interest to the party and sets the mood of the 1920's!
I also photocopied and framed a few pages from the magazine to place on tables!
The banner was the perfect back drop for guests to take photos in front of!
Hope you enjoyed this post! For more great ideas or to see more from my 1920's Garden Party please subscribe to my blog! I would love to have you join me! Thanks!
Rebeca

• Magazine
  • Twine
Lincluden Cottage