Ombre Tassel Cocktail Napkins

Everything is better with a little embellishment, and I love tassels! These DIY Ombre Tassel Cocktail Napkins are a fun alternative to coasters!
ombre tassel cocktail napkins, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
My home had quite a few coasters already, so I wanted to make something a little different. I had a few pairs of worn out jeans set aside waiting for a DIY project, so I decided to create a set of cocktail napkins.
This project is a great way to use up scraps of fabric or a pair of worn-out jeans. I used two different pairs, so each side of the cocktail napkins are different shades of blue.
For each cocktail napkin, you’ll need to cut two 5-inch squares from your fabric. If you're planning to make a lot of cocktail napkins, create a 5-inch square paper template to make this part go faster.
Start by sandwiching the right sides of the two squares together.
Sew a 1/2-inch seam all the way around the napkin, leaving a 1-inch opening on one end.
Clip the corners close to the stitching. This will make it easier for you to get sharp corners when you turn the cocktail napkin right side out.
Use a hot iron and press the excess fabric toward the center of the napkin. Repeat on the other side.

• Denim (or other fabric)
  • Scissors
  • Thread
Ginnie - Hello Little Home