Carole
Carole
  • Australia

Childs Chalkboard Activity Table From a $5 Pine Coffee Table

$35
1 Week

I purchased this pine coffee table on ebay for $5 with a view to giving it a makeover. I decided to give it a new look and purpose using some chalkboard paint and bright colours to turn it into an activity table for kids. I used water based paint in birdseed yellow, then a coat of real lawn green over the top and a little sanding to distress in places. This has now gone to a new home and was purchased for a little girl. I had a lot of paint left over and this paint has been used on at least 3 other projects so it is a little hard to cost this project in regard to paint used. The chalkboard paint was in a very small tin and cost about $20.
Completed table ready for some fun.  I bought the little colourful fold out stools to go with it.  Just the right height for tiny tots to use with this table.
Completed table ready for some fun. I bought the little colourful fold out stools to go with it. Just the right height for tiny tots to use with this table.
After an oil based undercoat, chalkboard paint to the top, and then birdseed yellow water based topcoat
Pine table before shot and after a light sand