Lisa
Lisa
  • New Zealand

Does anyone know how to make these?

LisaZKate Sullivan
+8

I've been unable to find a tutorial for these, does anyone know how to make them?
q does anyone know how to make these, crafts
  • Z

I've not made these before, but I just Googled woven reindeer and found this... http://www.ourveggiegarden.com/CraftsReindeerOrnament.html

• Lisa

Thanks Becky, you got closer than I did. I found a 3D one but nothing woven. It looks tricky! I appreciate your help.

• Z

I hope you can figure that out better than I can. It made my eyes cross. Ha ha ha. It would have helped if they color coded each strip of reed in the drawings. I tried editing it in Windows Paint program (which you can find through your start menu) to change the colors using the paint bucket tool and it did work, but it too would take awhile to change it all. It would probably be easier to change it to the lightest black and white effects in Windows Gallery Edit, print it and then change the colors using markers or colored pencils. IF you need the help. My old eyes are so good at keeping track of things that small anymore.

• Lgsmith

@ Lisa That is Swedish Basket Weaving, you might find a pattern in some of the book that have been published. Hope this helps. I like the pattern that Becky posted. good luck.

• Lisa

Good advice! Thanks heaps for the time you've given this. If I can figure out the pattern I will post the finished project :) I wouldn't mind some Swedish deer on my tree this year! @Lgsmith and @Z

• Kate Sullivan

Here's a link to something pretty similar: http://www.ourveggiegarden.com/CraftsReindeerOrnament.html

• Z

That's the link I sent her @Kate Sullivan She's hoping to find one easier to follow.

• Nancy G

Lisa, can you use some type of cookie in stead of basket weaving? just a probably dumb thought :(

• Kate Sullivan

Sorry, Becky....should have read more carefully!

• Z

That's okay @Kate Sullivan I've missed things others have written too. Makes me wonder where my mind was at that moment.

• Lisa

@Nancy G I could use a cookie cutter but I would really like the woven one:)