Old Oak Cabinets Painted White and Distressed

This kitchen had those 80's oak cabinets that so many want to get rid of. I painted them white and slightly distressed them for a bright and cheerful kitchen. I filled in the grain of the center panel but not the frames since I would be distressing them. This helps gives the feeling of having new cabinets instead of just putting some paint on the old ones. The kitchen is visible from the entire downstairs
old oak cabinets painted white and distressed, diy, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, white distressed cabinetry make the kitchen look brand new
white distressed cabinetry make the kitchen look brand new
old oak cabinets painted white and distressed, diy, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, cabinet close up
cabinet close up
old oak cabinets painted white and distressed, diy, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting, before
before

• Monika

what did you use to paint them?
    and did you have them sand them first?

• Marie

What is the name of the white paint you used?

• Rick De Michele

I also have 1997 Honey Oak cabinets that I want to paint white. Rustolium has a kit that requires no sanding but it does need to be done in steps. As for the wood grains of the oak, I don't want to hide them. I think that would give the finish more character and show that it is real wood as opposed to laminate.