Reclaimed Wood Bookcase

Hi there, Hometalk Friends! Today I'm sharing a little bookcase I found at the thrift store a couple of months ago. I almost didn't even bring it home because it just had no character whatsoever. It was only $12 though so I figured I would take a chance on it. I am so glad I did! Here is what it looked like to start:
Snooze...but a couple of coats of fresh white paint and the addition of these old fence pickets that I white-washed and now it has so much charm!
Don't you think? A few coastal-inspired accessories and it's all set for Summer!
This basket was also a thrift store find for one whole dollar. I gave it a couple of coats of spray paint and a little sanding and it fits right in. The Ball jar was one of several I scored at a yard sale for $5 a piece.
I cut my fence pickets to length using my miter saw...
I did a dry fit and then white-washed them. You can see how I white-wash my pickets in this post. Then I just nailed them in place from the back. I love the character they add to this simple bookcase.
I hope you enjoyed this fun makeover! You can see the full post on my blog at the link at the bottom. If you want to see more of my makeovers, visit my Project Gallery!

Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Laurie Harry

So cute. This is the kind of stuff that inspires me to get into furniture flipping. When I retire that's what I want to do. Thanks.

• Mj

If you have room, buy it when you see it, i should have done that before i retired, now i ciuld kick myself. Some stuff pretty much one of a kind and prices on that stuff goes up, up, up 😍the ideas

• Hannah V

Just beautiful! Saving for myself! :)