How To Cut Burlap So That It Won’t Unravel

Burlap is so popular right now for all different kinds of crafts and projects, but it’s somewhat of a tricky material to work with. Besides the fact that burlap is messy and leaves little fibers all over your clothes, it’s important to cut it a certain way so that won’t unravel unevenly. You can get burlap from most fabric stores like JoAnns Fabrics. You can also order it online if you need a lot and would like to buy it in bulk. Read more here: http://paintedfurnitureideas.com/how-to-cut-burlap-so-that-it-wont-unravel/

Genevre

• Betsy Bryant

what am I missing here How do you keep it from unraveling? Pull a thread??? I don't get it.

• Dorothy

I think the way it works is, you pull one of the threads and it will leave an empty space on the fabric. You then cut on the space the length of the fabric piece. Then what happens is if the fabric begins to ravel it will be straight. You probably should stitch along the cut edge or glue along the edge to prevent threads raveling. That's my take, not very well illustrated or explained is it.

• Jyoung

I don't understand how to do this?????????

• Joni

I'm getting married in February and we've decided to do everything ourselves and I'm doing most of it myself since my fiance' has work and I'm having the hardest time with the burlap (to make a bow) to put on our invitations. It keeps falling apart and I'm getting really frustrated with it. I saw you mentioned some type of fray stuff, could you please explain how to use it for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you

• Suebrena Haynes

I don’t see it either! But if you put in sugar water then cut it it might stiffen up! Sorry I can’t help! I was wondering what they had to say! Or you know hair spray is stiff! Too!