Charlotte G
Charlotte G
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Jun 7, 2012

i need to get rid of chipmonks digging holes in yard and veg. garden..want something safe for vegtables... cng

Jan HermanKMS WoodworksDonna McCrummen
+3

Use snap traps or have-a-heart traps, releasing them well away from your garden.

• Charlotte G

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Donna McCrummen

You can trap and release but they will come back. I've used peanut butter mixed with rat poison last year. This year we have a dog and haven't seen too many of them.

• KMS Woodworks

a BB gun is safe for vegetables....( Just kidding)...chippys are just too cute to shoot...but trapping will work. Its just going to take a bit of effort on your part. My girls would not allow me to use kill traps for some mice we had a year or so ago...I ended up live trapping them and then driving them about a mile away from home and releasing them into a natural area...all ain all the "great mouse relocation project" took a few months and now 20 some odd mice later we have been mouse free....( the trapping was done in consort with steel wool and spray foam to some smaller out of the way hole in the crawl space)

• Jan Herman

Someone told me to put cat poop in garden or flower area? Not sure if it works?