Donna Marie P
Donna Marie P
  • Buffalo, NY

What is this plant?

IsamentonKaren RobertsSharron Pittenger
+21

I just want to know the name of a plant my neighbor just put in. He had no idea .. bought it for the look.
q what is this plant, gardening
  • Libby

Looks like a calla lily.

• Natalie Larson

This is a calla lily

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Calla Lily, not sure what zone you are in, but they are listed as hardy zones 8-10, so it might not make it through the winter if are in a colder region.

• Gayla

It's a Calla Lily, I live in zone 4 and have to dig it up before winter sets in. I keep it in a pot of dirt in the basement,and replant when spring comes around.

• Shelly Troup

Oh it's a Calla Lily! I have three of them in my garden!

• Marilyn Highley

Isn't that a lovely color? Love calla lilies. In NY, he will need to dig it up and store it out of the cold during the winter, if he wants to have it next year. I keep mine in large pots which can be moved.

• Jessie Hammond

I live in Zone 7 & I have never dug my my Calla Lilies after planting them. They have came back for the past 7 years with no problem. I don't even mulch or cover the bed in winter. They are hardier then they look.

• Leslie D

It's a Kala Lilly....at least that's what my daughter, Kala, called them when she was 3 and misunderstood the name when I told her what it was. We still call them that to this day, and she's 27 now. :)

• Peg

You are 2 hrs or more north of me Donna, they will not overwinter, take it indoors.

• Sharon Clyatt

calla lily

• Donna Rakes

I have one and its beautiful,needless to say I have all kinds of lilies

• Maryfennell

It is a calla lily. I have a few. Louise Fl.

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

Beautiful color for a calalily!

• Carol Harris

I have a couple of calla lily's in my garden and I leave them outside all winter, ours winter get pretty cold, but I cover them up real good with leaves, and so far they have survived.

• LaVerne DeHart

This is a calla lily. You can leave them outside all winter in more temperate climates and they will return the following year bigger and fuller! Really pretty plant and pretty hardy

• Donna Treem

Yes, it's definitely a Calla Lily. They come in some lovely colors. It used to be only white ones were seen. That's probably why you didn't recognize the plant. I just Love them!!

• Sar121920

calla lily

• Rosalie M

THIS IS A CALA LILY, a very beautiful flower usually used around Easter time. Several different colors are available.

• Mary Scott

I have a yellow calla lily, that my daughter gave me for Mother's Day. I live in Zone 6 and brought it indoors last year and occasionally watered it. It's in a 6 inch pot and it came back this spring, but I'm wondering if I should transplant it to a bigger pot. It got one flower this year, where last year it had 2-3 flowers. Any suggestions?

• Julie Stanhope

Pink Calla Lily..

• Sarieno

Pink calla lily.

• Sharron Pittenger

it is a calla lilly

• Karen Roberts

Calla Lilly and it looks just like mine. I live in southern MS and it just keeps coming back every year. I spilt this this year and they are great.

• Isamenton

This is a Calla Lily or Zantedeschia. It looks like Rubylite Rose: https://www.jardins-sans-secret.com/detail/3789/Zantedeschia-Rubylite-Rose-Calla-Lily.html