Up Cycled Glass Bottle Lights

313K Views
Collection of recycled glass bottles crafted into amazing home decor lighted bottles.
I have a table top drill press in my kitchen (LOL) true. You need a diamond core drill bit, 2 pieces of masking or painters tape to make where the hole will be drilled. Then a make a dam from window glaze to put around where the hole will be drilled and fill it with water to keep the drill bit cool while you drill. Make sure you wear gloves and safety glasses. Just drill slow and easy, will take awhile, don’t add pressure. Once drilled wash out your bottle with very warm water to remove glass dust. I let dry over night. Then insert lights pulling all the way through to the top, then reinsert from the top as you fill with glass gem stones. I use string lights, LED lights, multi colored or clear depending on what effect you want to make. I also take out all the bulbs and rearrange into all the same color together for gradient lighting or blue - green - blue- green then yellow- pink - yellow - pink the all red. Or what ever color combo together that you want.
Difficulty: Medium

Suggested materials for this project: