Lisa Wiseman
Lisa Wiseman
  • Hobbs, NM

Up Cycled Glass Bottle Lights

Collection of recycled glass bottles crafted into amazing home decor lighted bottles.
I have a table top drill press in my kitchen (LOL) true. You need a diamond core drill bit, 2 pieces of masking or painters tape to make where the hole will be drilled. Then a make a dam from window glaze to put around where the hole will be drilled and fill it with water to keep the drill bit cool while you drill. Make sure you wear gloves and safety glasses. Just drill slow and easy, will take awhile, don’t add pressure. Once drilled wash out your bottle with very warm water to remove glass dust. I let dry over night. Then insert lights pulling all the way through to the top, then reinsert from the top as you fill with glass gem stones. I use string lights, LED lights, multi colored or clear depending on what effect you want to make. I also take out all the bulbs and rearrange into all the same color together for gradient lighting or blue - green - blue- green then yellow- pink - yellow - pink the all red. Or what ever color combo together that you want.
The "aurora" illuminates with a warm glow.

• Valeria

how do you put the light inside the glass bottles

• Lisa Wiseman

#Valerie, I sorry I haven't responded. The directions are above and explains how I create my AuroraBottleLights. Sorry I only have the one picture. Just read what is above.

• Laura

How to UPHOLSTERED a wing back chair
    • Pamela

oh yes, maybe wear some old dress gloves If you are new to this. The old staples can really stick your hands.

• Trudy

How do you know how long the string lights need to be. They come in many lengths.
    • Lisa Wiseman

#Trudy,
      I use 20 light string in a small bottle and I use a 35 light string for the larger ones. I have also used 20 Micro Starry LED Copper Wire String Lights, Battery Operated, Warm White, 3.3ft/1m, Waterproof, Moon Lights.
      I use craft lights as well as LED.

Hope that helps.

Lisa D

• Loretta

I have to try this! Wish me luck... never tried to drill glass before.

• Lisa Wiseman

@Loretta, I wish all the luck in the world. Just make sure you were gloves and safety glasses and make a dam to hold water so the drill bit won't get hot. Then take it slow anbd easy don't force it. You'll get the hang of it and I'd love to see your creations. I had never drilled glass either. I just Goolgled it and kept looking at a lot of post to make sure I knew how.

• Virginia Cannon

I always look for the Bling. BTW, I am a former resident of Hobbs and still have family there.