Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

The U-Socket Just Might be the Future of Wall Outlets

Hi everyone, Becky Sue from Hometalk inspired me to purchase and install the U-Socket in my kitchen. We have numerous electronic devices (iPhone, camera, etc.) and a regular phone that plugs into an outlet, but this all happens in one location. And to boot, sometimes you don't get an AC adapter with certain devices so you're stuck charging them at your computer. The U-Socket has two USB ports built into a standard wall receptacle. My latest blog post is a tutorial on how any DIYer can install this nifty invention and why it's a good idea (water + smartphone = headache waiting to happen)
http://www.homerepairtutor.com/usocket-usb-outlet/
U-Socket
U-Socket
Two USB ports and two outlets reside in the U-Socket.
Home Repair Tutor

• Brenda Brown

I couldn't find the post on your website. The link took me to the main page with an "oops". Interested in seeing the tutorial. Could you post an updated link? thx

• PHY9751554

WHERE DO YOU BUY THE USOCKET - CAN YOU BUY @ HOME DEPOT?

• M. K. M.

I have to say I have used thethingcharger for a few years now. It has two point tips 1-lightening tip, 1-tip for charging cameras, 2 USB OUTLETS on the bottom and two regular outlet. If you want a charging station, this is the bomb. In addition, you can plug up to 4 together stacked into just the one outlet so your whole family can charge in one spot. Just pop your iPhone or iPad into the lightning tip or switch out the tip and charge your camera etc.

, The top where you can choose which charging tip you want, The tips snap into the deep grooves in the back as shown, Just a pic of the 2 USB ports, On the left is a button to pop out the tips, Stacking them
  • See More

Next
Prev