Natasha Price
Natasha Price
  • Saint Joseph, MO

Older couch, sunken seating fix?

Natasha PriceKMS WoodworksDiane
+1

How would I fix an older couch that has sunken seating? I have tried a board in between the springs to the cushions that I can remove, and it makes seating very uncomfortable. I am going to redo the foam that are inside the cushions to see if that will make a difference, but there is enough of a "gap" or space between the frame and the springs that I'm not sure if redoing the cushions would make much of a difference or not. They still have some pretty good "life" to them yet.
  • Diane

I have the same problem. Hope you get a good idea. I am not ready to purchase a new sofa just yet.

• KMS Woodworks

How thick are the current cushions?...perhaps instead of the board you can put in some more thick foam. Foam comes in different "densities" the thicker heavier foam will provide more support.

• Natasha Price

I didn't think of that! I will take a look at the fabric stores next time I'm in. Thank you KMS Woodworks! Diane: I will let you know if it works or not within the next month or so. I might also try doing the board again, but also denser foam on top of the board. We'll see. If you find something that works for you, please let me know!!!

• Natasha Price

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.