Jeanette S
Jeanette S
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Atlanta, GA

My squatters -- the birds!

Some weeks ago I posted my front porch redo...well, I had barely gotten everything in place before one of my repainted birdhouses was occupied. NOW WE HAVE BABY BIRDS!! We have to be careful not to spend too much time out there because Mamma gets very upset with us. Also notice second photo where hanging basket with petunias has been almost destroyed! I always hang 2 baskets but the birds only nest in the first one..??? There is no nest because they could not get all the way down to the dirt through the petunias so I guess they went for the house instead. If I replace the pot, they will just go after it again!
This birdhouse has babies! Shhhh...don't make noise if you come up on my porch!
Flowers in this pot almost destroyed...birds always choose this pot location to nest! No nest this year...they could not get it completely cleaned out.

• Valerie

Love the colors!

• Jeanette S

Hello Valerie! You live a long way from Atlanta, GA USA! I believe y'all are going into summer as we go into winter! We just put up plastic on our screen porch to use it as a greenhouse for plants we want to save. Once late November arrives, our days of sitting outside are about over so we may as well make use of that space. I am already dreaming of spring plantings!

• Valerie

@Jeanette S Hi Jeanette It is always easy to forget that others are going into different seasons. We are experiencing a bit of a heat wave, but fortunately tonight we expect some rain. Ours is a winter rainfall climate, so the expected rain is 'out of season' and therefore especially welcome. I must admit that on Saturday I purchased a tin of buttery yellow paint, as I love what you have done with yellow on your patio. I already have some turquoise paint. As soon as I have a spare moment I will be painting my garden tool cupboard in yellow and turquoise stripes - thanks to your inspiration!