Sherry B
Sherry B
  • Dallas, GA
Asked on Jun 8, 2012

Has anyone used the Home Depot flooring product "Allure"?

ShariCustom InteriorsTraci W
+3

• Traci W

We just bought to put in our half bath downstairs, I'm waiting on hubby to finish cutting the trim then we are going to install. I'm excited about it, I hope it looks good, we bought the Alpine Elm color b/c its a very beach bathroom. I will let you know. Couldn't beat the price, for sure.

• Donna McCrummen

Yes, it was easy to install. I did a small bathroom in a couple hours.

• Lou B

Put it in my Bird's room 3 or 4 yrs. ago..Love it...easy to install and easy to keep clean...'specially with 9 birds.

• Traci W

We installed last night and after fighting for an hour over bad instructions it then went okay. Its not as easy to cut as they make it, especially around corner moulding, but it looks great. It does say not to let dog with sharp toenails or highheels on it, which I can see but it does seem pretty hard to scratch up, but it would dent.

• Custom Interiors

I used to work at a orange box store (no names given) as a flooring specialist. I could have sold this stuff all day. It has many perks and warranties due to its ability to keep subfloor temps away and cushion as well as be water proof. They have it in the dance floor of the local Walmarts under the clothing. Alot of traffic there and heavy loads. They seem impervious to destruction so big, heavy dogs are not a problem with their nails.

• Shari

I'm really late to this party but I wanted to say I LOVE me some Allure! About 1 1/2 years ago I had Allure (Mahogany) installed in one of my bathrooms. I can't comment on the installation process because the guy who did my bathroom remodel installed it as part of the bathroom reno but I'm 200% pleased with the Allure. I do know your subfloor needs to be as smooth and debris-free as possible or the vinyl will show those imperfections. If I could, I would rip up every bit of the expensive laminate flooring we put down in other parts of the house 2 1/2 years ago and replace it with Allure. It's so easy to care for, it's soft and quiet underfoot, it's water resistant, it's inexpensive, and it looks beautiful!