Diane
Diane

Painted collectible houses (Cats Meow Villages) Stuck

DianeDeeAccentuations!
+7

Our collection of Cats Meow Village houses were boxed for a move and left in our hot garage. They are painted via silk screen and are now all stuck together.
I reached out to the manufacturer but they had little advice. When I try to pry them apart the paint pulls off one house and sticks to the next. Help! My entire collection is at risk.
  • KMS Woodworks

Test one with a bit of WD40...the great lubricating properties may allow them to break free. My only concern would be that the WD might affect the paint...so testing first would confirm.

• Diane

thanks @KMS Woodworks. I will try this.

• Rose White

Try placing them in the oven at a low temp until the paint softens and then try gently pulling them apart. Don't use the WD40 before attempting this as it is probably flammable.

• Judy

Hair dryer? I got a couple of my hand painted projects unstuck with a hair dryer on high, but there was a little damage...

• Accentuations!

I live a few miles from their museum and workshop...would you like their info? they would know best!

• Diane

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Diane

judy.... I contacted them first. They were not helpful at all. Rose, I was wondering if dry heat might work. I will let you know.

• Diane

sorry.... I meant Sallie. :-)

• Dee

Hi I know how cute these villages are! I would not try heat it cn melt the paint more. I would Ty putting them in the freeer. I would try both wrapped and in wrapped.

• Diane