Porta Verde Studio
Porta Verde Studio
  • Canada

Old Hutch From Farm House Converted Into a Cabinet/bookcase

We found this old piece just begging for a makeover. It was dirty and scratched, was missing the back and the hardware was grimy and rusted. The glass paned doors did not match up when closed so we had to adjust the entire piece so they would work properly. We added legs and a back to this piece then glazed it all over with a dark brown oil glaze and added the legs to match. After the hardware was cleaned it was also glazed or painted to tie everything together. We kept much of the original rustic look and finish of it. I love how it turned out and it quickly found a new home when it was finished. What do you think of this piece?
Jacqui
www.portaverdestudio.com
www.facebook.com/portaverdestudio
old hutch from farm house converted into a cabinet bookcase, kitchen cabinets, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture

• Z

I've seen that before. She's luckily she had the space for it. It's gorgeous! Nothing as awesome as that on CL around here.

• Mary

Love this makeover. The only thing I would have changed would be the legs. I would have used big bun feet to give the piece more heft and stability. Overall a great job.