Linda Hopper
Linda Hopper
  • Big Spring, TX

Broken Pot Garden

This is my 3rd broken pot garden.  I love the way they look.  Who would have thought a broken pot could be so pretty.  My brother gave me this broken pot.
This is my 3rd broken pot garden. I love the way they look. Who would have thought a broken pot could be so pretty. My brother gave me this broken pot.
My 2nd broken pot garden.  I bought this broken pot at Lowe's.  I paid 10.00 for a 40.00 pot.  My hubby thought I was nuts...I thought it was a good deal.
My 2nd broken pot garden. I bought this broken pot at Lowe's. I paid 10.00 for a 40.00 pot. My hubby thought I was nuts...I thought it was a good deal.
This was my first broken pot garden.
This was my first broken pot garden.

• San18111746

Can you give instructions how you did the arrangement for the broken pots?

• Shawna Bailey

Great question

• Annette St.Onge

My broken pottery inspiration happened when a pot fell off my patio table. I could not give instructions regarding placement of plants and decor I just worked at it until I was happy with it.

• Deborah Miller

Use your imagination. It depends on how the pots are broken.

• Cat31738654

How Did you break the pots? Did you have a pattern and cut them, or tap it, or throw something at it,; I.e., was it a planned and mapped out, or randomly broken? What did you used to break them?

These are really awesome.

• Pepper

Don't know about hers but my clay pots after a few yrs out in the Missouri weather break all by themselves it seems. If u need broken pieces gragae sale or even 2nd hand stores for 50 cents to just break is more reasonable to me than to buy a new one to break into pieces. By "break" you can use any means necessary, ex. Knock off yanle to floor, simply just opps and drop it, or take a hammer to it, but be safe and have fun!

• Shuganne

I was going to suggest setting it on canvas on and then folding it over so you contain any sharp slivers.

The first broken pot garden appeals to me most because it has depth and variations in the orange colors. However, they are all gorgeous.

• Jamie Richardson

will try..

• Holly Powell

I can't wait to this! I'm mostly in my home and I think that it would be great to bring the outside inside! Has anyone tried to make a broken pot fountain?