Building My She Shed

My dream of owning my own she shed has been fulfilled. Hubby, our oldest son, and son in law worked hard and tirelessly to build it in just 2 months. They worked around rain and their own work schedules.
My little shed just before dusk.
First they dug down a little and placed 6x6 treated lumbers for the footings. Gravel was added underneath and inside for pavers to be placed for flooring.
The walls and roof went up very quickly. I was doing a happy dance as I saw it come to life!
It's up on a hill in our back yard. I was worried that it might stand out like a sore thumb, but it looked like it belonged there.
A special tin that is thicker was used for the roofing. The top layer rusts naturally without damaging the roof.
Here you can see that the roof is already starting to rust a little.
Hubby added the trim and battens.
Then it was my turn to stain it. I would have loved a white cottage, but it does not go with our home. I opted to use a solid stain and am very happy with the green color.
I bought the Dutch door years ago at a barn sale. Couldn't wait to see it hung!
We had a wedding in our yard in June and was trying to finish it in time. The windows had to be ordered from out of state. Hubby came up with the idea of building screens to make it look finished.
This end of the shed is still being finished. Hubby is building a sliding barn door. This will be handy when we need a larger opening.

• Cedar  (Lumber yard)
  • Tin  (Metal Mart)
  • Stain  (Ace Hardware)

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Jann Olson

• Heather
    Heather

I love the roof you chose for your fantastic she-shed. Which roof did you pick at metal mart? I want a rusted roof for the front porch of our house, and this might fit the bill! Thank you for sharing! Heather

• Jann Olson
      Jann Olson

Heather, it's the only one that is rippled like this and super heavy. If you ask for the one that rusts naturally, they will know. Thank you!!

• Eileen
    Eileen

would like to see what you have done now with the inside?

• McMichael
      McMichael

I was all excited to see the inside and didn't...the outside looks great however.

• Aussie Girl
    Aussie Girl

what was the total cost of the shed please

• Dawn Shupick
    Dawn Shupick

Perfect location! Love how it's tucked into your beautiful garden!

• Jann Olson
    Jann Olson

Thanks Dawn! It seems to fit just perfectly up there on the hill. Hubby added a pergola to the porch and the roof is totally rusted now. A little more orange in color than I like, but hoping it turns more brown eventually.