Gina L
Gina L
  • Lakeland, FL

Daisy Transplant...I Want to so Bad

Annette HirdGina LJames Murray
+6

Stumbled upon these at a vacant house/yard. How hard will it be to transplant some of these in my yard?
gloriosa daisy
gloriosa daisy
  • Becky

don't try to transplant...take seeds from deadheading...through (lightly dig into soil) them in the areas you want them in...water and nature will do the rest.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

If you send me a SASE I will send you some seeds from my Rudbeckia Indian Summer when the seeds are ready. I am pretty forgetful, so it is better if you send me the envelope so I can set it where I can remember:) The address is on my profile I think.

• Gina L

thanks Becky and Donna. Donna I will definitely send you a SASE. Thanks again

• Joan

i would dig clump in the fall time, as they are probably perenials and will die back only to reappear next year. if this is in a park, I would not dig them up.

• Liz Sardi

I have these in one of my perennial gardens...they are called Called Coreopsis common name is Tickseed...I love them! If you do end up with them, after they bloom instead of deadheading, just cut them in half...they will look kind of sad for about 2 weeks but they will bloom once again!!

• Rosalie M

Just dig out a bunch with soil, wrap in newspaper or paper towels. Dig a hole the size of the root ball, place unwrapped bunch into the hole. Fill in with soil. Water in. Done. You won't need to take many as they multiply readily.

• James Murray

Overdig a clump (larger area than you plan to keep) go deep enough to get mature rooting, transport in a large box (I use a milk crate) dig hole , light fertilize, plant, water well for several days making sure to exclude any air pockets. Coreopsis are very "easy" plants and here our deer leave them alone. Wise choice of perennial plant, and attractive too. We have them in our Rosemary and Lavender hill side for additional color.

• Gina L

Thanks yous guys. I am definitely digging some of them up now. James good idea. I'll let you all know how it goes!!

• Annette Hird

Just take some tip cuttings - make sure they're not too soft though. Dip in rooting hormone and then put into a light seed raising mix and you'll find they'll root in no time.