Gina L
Gina L
  • Lakeland, FL

Weed?

KarenJ. DunRobin Rotherforth
+17

Anyone know what this is?
no idea what it is But there's plenty of it
  • Nancy Hand

I don't think its a weed.

• Bonnie Bassett

Pretty leaves but I don't know they look like morning glory leaves but they grow up in a vine

• Patricia W

Morning Glory Vine. It should flower in white. I have them too, very very invasive.

• Leona G

Possibly a four o'clock plant. Blooms would help to identify

• Cheryl stanley

Help answer this question...looks like a baby catalpa tree to me.

• Molly

Had something like this come up repeatedly after I pulled out four-o-clocks, but with an apparently indestructible root. I decided to let it grow, and I think it is a four-o-clock plant -- I may regret letting it stay. The other flowers came out easily but not this one.

• Lynn

I think they are 4 o'clocks. I have them and they can be invasive, but also delightful. Let it grow and see.

• Cindy tustin

I believe you have a catalpa tree.

• Dana Nodler

this looks like sweet potato vine

• Patches

It sure looks like a morning glory vine or Ipomoea alba (moonflower) but ... DOES it vine? If so it could provide some pretty blooms but of course in FL it could be a bit invasive after a time. The moonflower vine is spectacular and has a heavenly scent.

• Maureen

@Gina L Moonflower or morning glory also comes in a bush form, nearly impossible to kill! If you want rid of it you can spot spray with Hy-Yield Killzall, (available at independent garden centers) it is a non-selective weed killer that does not affect your soil but kills anything that is green and growing. It is best to spray plants with a fertilizer before using weed killer, makes the plant take up the weed killer better. You may have to spray it two or three times to completely kill it.

• Cherie

4 o'clocks. I have them in yellow, hot pink & white. Very prolific!

• Patty

Looks like 4 o'clocks to me, The plants that were easy to pull up were probably from seed the big one is probably the tuber and they have to be dug up. The best way to control them is to not let them go to seed. Otherwise sit back and injoy. The Hummingbirds love them and at the time it's just about dark the hummingbird moths start feeding from them.

• Judy

Could it be a green bean plant? That's what it looks like to me. Are the leaves sort of fuzzy or prickly underneath? Do they try to stick to your sleeves? If so it's a bean plant.

• Gina L

No it's not g beans. ty

• Julie Haller

not four O`clocks, or morning glory i have both. I also have found this in my flower beds it has small yellow buttercup like flowers it grows tall but not a vine. I have yet to find a answer on what it is

• Robin Rotherforth

what is the stalk of the plant like...what size are the leaves? I'm leaning toward Catalpa tree especially if the leaves are big...

• J. Dun

Sweet Potatoe vine!!! I grow them every year!! They love the sun!!
  • Karen

I agree on the sweet potato vine.