Salvation Army Cane Chairs Makeover

$120
2 Weeks
I rescued these sad looking cane chairs from the local Salvos (there were two of them). They had no cushion covers although it looked like someone had tried - hence the green curtain like fabric that came with them. With no template to work from and no experience in making cushion covers for box cushions, and very little sewing experience I grit my teeth and got to work. I even added the piping (what was I thinking!). The chairs got a good sand, undercoat and several coats of spray paint from an electric spray gun. I think they turned out OK. The chairs were sound with no breaks in the cane so that was a good starting point. The cost quoted here was for the fabric and paint used, the cost of the chair purchase is not included in that figure.
salvation army cane chairs makeover, painted furniture, Painted and dressed in our front garden
Painted and dressed in our front garden
salvation army cane chairs makeover, painted furniture, This is how they looked at the Salvos
This is how they looked at the Salvos
salvation army cane chairs makeover, painted furniture, I made new cushion covers getting there
I made new cushion covers - getting there!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
Next