Amanda H
Amanda H
  • Oil City, PA

This is my new fence

I spent about 6 months collecting old doors from friends and salvage yards and then mounted them on privacy fence frame. I also clear coated them so that they wouldn't weather wear. I love that each door has it's own story and looking at it reminds me of all of my different friends who contributed.
this is my new fence, diy renovations projects, fences, repurposing upcycling
this is my new fence, diy, doors, fences, repurposing upcycling

• Ruby K. Griffin

how do you attach them together?

• Myrna

How do you hold the doors up ?

• Janice Peterson

what is a privacy fence frame?

• Sylvia Stallings

Can open any of them or do you always have to walk around to get on the other side? I love the idea. (Maybe what I love the most is the secret of which door opens.)

• Laurissa Elaine

It doesn't look they open. He wrote that he mounted them on a fence frame and sealed them. I like the whimsy of being able to open two or three of them, also!!

• Laura Rudgers

Actually, that was me who answered you, not my daughter! lol

• Chache

I love the idea but have to be able to open for days when we mow the lawn. Hey maybe this is a good way to talk hubby into getting lawn service heh heh!!

• Susan

They should make at least ONE free-swinging... but if they allow this in view of the public - probably didn't. ugh
      it's an adorable idea for a whimsical garden (in the BACK yard)...
  • Sam

oh... how do you get them to stand up?!

• Laura

I want to use this idea to create privacy areas in my back yard. HOWEVER - I know hubby won't be on board unless I have the EXACT specifics on just how you were able to stabilize/install each door. (Wind can be an issue in our area.)

• Frontier3126

I would use stain glass paint on the doors with windows! I done my front door, & Everyone asked where did I find the beautiful old stain glass door? I said i painted it they couldn't belive me they were touching it, I said be careful cuz if I ever want I can just peel it off, But I never would I surprised myself how good the Design came out I did a long big flower with a long stem 2 flowers I painted a Humming bird on each ! The kit I bought had the design you put on front of door then liquid led the Pattern, let dry then start stain. Glass paint! And you were to take door off & do it on a flat surface, but my door in my home built in 1929 we couldn't get the door off, So I did it all standing up boy was that a Challenge but I'm very happy with it, you can also do Regular windows, you find @ garage sales / or sometime People just set them out by there garbage! or make a Design on ea, window if Seperated,and hang but hooks either Inside or outside on your porch, I'm getting teady to do a whole Door with all sm sq, Windows in it I don't think I'm going to paint door leave it old white & just coat it if I hand it on my Porch? But don't know what i'm painting on each window Maybe a different flower on each window?
  • Joanie

Does each door open???
  • SYL27902151

Thank you for the beautiful idea!! How much did you spend overall on the project? Thank you!
  • Ksa32361230

This is a great fence and I absolutly love it! My neighbors would probably hate it (which is why I need a fence anyway)😂. What did you attach the fence to, and how did you anchor it in the ground? I couldn't tell from the picture. Thanks!

• Kay

read the lady's blurb at the top of the pictures. your questions are answered there.

• Ksa32361230

I saw she said she'd attached it to a privacy fence, but there were no pics of the back side. I can't see any fence through the windowed doors either. I can't envision how it was actually fastened.

• Deborah Grounds Sanders

I have been wanting to do the same idea for years... love seeing it in true life form!

• Joanie

If I had all those doors I think I may have had my husband make a small shed for me.......I think anything is possible. Good luck with your neighbors....

• Ksa32361230

That's funny, because I'm currently collecting door and windows to do exactly that in the spring! Small she-shed, but I'll be making it myself.