This is my new fence

I spent about 6 months collecting old doors from friends and salvage yards and then mounted them on privacy fence frame. I also clear coated them so that they wouldn't weather wear. I love that each door has it's own story and looking at it reminds me of all of my different friends who contributed.

• Ruby K. Griffin

how do you attach them together?

• Myrna

How do you hold the doors up ?

• Janice Peterson

what is a privacy fence frame?

• Sylvia Stallings

Can open any of them or do you always have to walk around to get on the other side? I love the idea. (Maybe what I love the most is the secret of which door opens.)

• Laurissa Elaine

It doesn't look they open. He wrote that he mounted them on a fence frame and sealed them. I like the whimsy of being able to open two or three of them, also!!

• Laura Rudgers

Actually, that was me who answered you, not my daughter! lol

• Chache

I love the idea but have to be able to open for days when we mow the lawn. Hey maybe this is a good way to talk hubby into getting lawn service heh heh!!

• Susan

They should make at least ONE free-swinging... but if they allow this in view of the public - probably didn't. ugh
      it's an adorable idea for a whimsical garden (in the BACK yard)...
  • Sam

oh... how do you get them to stand up?!

• Laura

I want to use this idea to create privacy areas in my back yard. HOWEVER - I know hubby won't be on board unless I have the EXACT specifics on just how you were able to stabilize/install each door. (Wind can be an issue in our area.)

• Frontier3126

I would use stain glass paint on the doors with windows! I done my front door, & Everyone asked where did I find the beautiful old stain glass door? I said i painted it they couldn't belive me they were touching it, I said be careful cuz if I ever want I can just peel it off, But I never would I surprised myself how good the Design came out I did a long big flower with a long stem 2 flowers I painted a Humming bird on each ! The kit I bought had the design you put on front of door then liquid led the Pattern, let dry then start stain. Glass paint! And you were to take door off & do it on a flat surface, but my door in my home built in 1929 we couldn't get the door off, So I did it all standing up boy was that a Challenge but I'm very happy with it, you can also do Regular windows, you find @ garage sales / or sometime People just set them out by there garbage! or make a Design on ea, window if Seperated,and hang but hooks either Inside or outside on your porch, I'm getting teady to do a whole Door with all sm sq, Windows in it I don't think I'm going to paint door leave it old white & just coat it if I hand it on my Porch? But don't know what i'm painting on each window Maybe a different flower on each window?
  • Joanie

Does each door open???
  • SYL27902151

Thank you for the beautiful idea!! How much did you spend overall on the project? Thank you!
  • Broke But Happy

This is a great fence and I absolutly love it! My neighbors would probably hate it (which is why I need a fence anyway)😂. What did you attach the fence to, and how did you anchor it in the ground? I couldn't tell from the picture. Thanks!

• Kay

read the lady's blurb at the top of the pictures. your questions are answered there.

• Broke But Happy

I saw she said she'd attached it to a privacy fence, but there were no pics of the back side. I can't see any fence through the windowed doors either. I can't envision how it was actually fastened.

• Grace Gleason

No. It says a privacy fence FRAME. If you look at the last door on the left, you can see the top and bottom of a post. If you look at the 3rd door and the 5th door from the left, you can see a top and a bottom "rail". They are fastened, likely with deck screws, to those rails.

• Marianne Lazarus

Looking for a reply on how you keep the doors up!

• Barbara Zorzin

Great idea ...would look really polished if all the same color.

• Imdb

I'm going to go with painting them all the same color as well. You must not have an HOA ;)