Sandra W
Sandra W
  • Gilman, IL

Can Someone Identify these flowers for me?

Donna BruffeyDouglas HuntDianne Johnson
+8

Recieved this outdoor basket and am wondering what the white flowers are. They hang down and then sort of go back up. Thanks
q can someone identify these flowers for me, flowers, gardening
  • Rocky Road Backpackers

It looks like a passionflower, from the genus passifloracea . and is similar to a granidilla/passion fruit

• Sandra W

You probably are right since I know nothing about them. I did type in all you thought they were and saw nothing that looked exactly like these. But then there are probably hundreds of species of a passion flower(if species is the correct word) Thanks for your reply.

I somewhat doubt passion flower would have been put in a hanging basket. The flower reminds me somewhat of scabiosa.

• R.V.R. Farris

My first thought was scaevola, but, not sure about the leaves and vines.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

I agree @R.V.R. Farris , and if you look carefully I believe there is also some variegated vinca vine mixed in the pot that gives the appearance that the blooms are on the vinca vine. But if you look closely you can see two different color stems one that is a darker red and another one that is green. And you don't see an actual bloom attached to the variegated leaf vine.

• Sandra W

Yes, there are vinca vines in the photo and also some leaves from a pink impatient that you can see a little of the flower in the first photo. I am going to look up some images of Scabiosa and scaevola to see what they look like. I'll be back with a reply. Thanks again.

• Sandra W

Looked at some images and looks closer to Scaevola. Thanks again.

• Imageflorist

Looks like a blend of a passionflower and a Scaevola. But looks Scaevola more to me.

• Dianne Johnson

That looks really pretty. I love to put trailing plants around the edges of potted plants to hang down like a skirt.

Scaveola, yes! That is the name I was trying to remember when I wrote scabiosa.

• Donna Bruffey

The leaves are NOT that of the Passion Flower plant. I was given a passion flower and it was suggested that I plant it where I don't mind it spreading. How true!! It's now in my flower beds, climbing up my deck and house! They are beautiful (purple/lavender flowers) though.