Barbara Bamber
Barbara Bamber
  • Canada

My hubs got bike chain grease on a white Lululemon shirt

Nikki CastellanosCristine SchwartzbergJohnchip
+8

It's a pure white shirt (of course) and made out of that stretchy yoga material.. does anyone have a method for trying to get the stain at least reduced a bit??
  • Heather Scott

Try a paste made with toothpaste and baking soda - you need to add the soda to give it extra grit - use a toothbrush or small brush to apply and rub in circles. Then you can just launder as usual. Use this to get stains out of my TIlley hat ( its made of cotton though) - I wouldn't use bleach or oxi though - it may rot the fabric. Good Luck

• Angela

I would dry putting a little bit of dish soap and hydrogen peroxide on it and gently rub it together. The dish soap should break down the grease and the hydrogen peroxide has whitening power.

• Barbara Bamber

Thanks.. These are all Laundry tricks I've never heard before, so thank you!

• Beverly Theaker

M30 a product of New Beginning Chemical , Box 1873, Owensborough, Ky 42302 was used on a grease patch about 5 inches in circular size on a wedding dress. It got caught in the back hatch closure of a vehicle. It worked! I have found it at dollar family store. Not all of the stores carry it.

• Jus22520856

I have been trying to find it ! this is a very good product and at a cheap price. Will keep looking, the little that I have left the container information is smeared for the web site, but thanks.
  • Barbara Bamber

Thanks, Bev:D

• Larose LoganOakes

Well I see that Angela already told you what I was going to recommend. Use Dawn dish liquid with Oxiclean and the Hydrogen Peroxide.Let it sit for a little while before you try washing it.I would even blot it with a towel and do it a couple of times to save you the trouble of rewashing the entire shirt.I have also used Grease Relief on grease stains with success in the past.I like the Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide better. I bought the spray on Hydrogen Peroxide at Walmart. I couldn't find it anywhere else. FYI you can also contact Lululemon at 1-877-263-9300 or gec@lululemon.com. Best of Luck!

• Cgm2841072

when working on a oil rig - I got some pretty bad grease out by rubbing butter into stain

• Johnchip

Why are you bothering? There is always goodwill. They have lots of nice men's shirts!

• Cristine Schwartzberg

Les toil is good for getting grease out of natural fabrics like cotton. Les toil is actually one word but autocorrect keeps changing it to lentil.
  • Nikki Castellanos

Ajax degreaser is my go-to for grease stains and it’s great dish soap.