Pat aka Queen of Thrift
Pat aka Queen of Thrift
  • Scottsboro, AL

My Dragon Wing Begonias Are Really Showing Out!

I have overwintered these Dragon Wings for two years. I can't believe that they are still doing so well. I simply cut them back and place them in a corner of our garage where they get northeast light exposure in the morning from a nearby window. I water occasionally.....but not too much. I don't want them to start growing too soon. Last winter was very mild here and they did start to grow....very spindly....and I was concerned that they would die when I put the pots out on the porch in the spring. I added some rich potting soil and some soil conditioner and dug it into the first few inches, working carefully around the plants. I trimmed back the longest stems because they were so weak. I waited a couple of weeks to fertilize for fear that it would shock them. It took them a while to firm up and green up and sprout new stems, but just look at them now!
Love, Love, Love Dragon Wing Begonias.  My black eyed susan vine is beginning to bloom and climb. These plants get morning sun until around 11:00 AM
Love, Love, Love Dragon Wing Begonias. My black eyed susan vine is beginning to bloom and climb. These plants get morning sun until around 11:00 AM

• Luis

Pat they look wonderful, mine are all gone

• Marie

Thank you for sharing! I will give it a try 😊