Gina L
Gina L
  • Lakeland, FL

Weed or Keeper

Natalie CarrollGidget BeckKathy C
+8

as promised here are some better photos I think . Here are a couple more I don't know if it's a weed or a keeper. H-E-L-P please
?
?
?
?
?
?
weed or keeper, gardening
weed?
weed?
swa these walking today. What is it?
swa these walking today. What is it?
how hard to transplant?
how hard to transplant?
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Ok, so @Barb Rosen is right on the first pictures, definatly Ironweed(Veronica). Last picture is Swamp Hibiscus. I would wait until fall to try to transplant. You will need a full sun spot that keeps good moisture or plan on watering it ...alot. It is a great attractor for bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. And I am still mulling over those middle three pics...if only I could remember half of what I know I would be awesome!

• Gina L

Thank you Donna you have been very helpful.

• Roberta Alessi

I always say if you like it, KEEP it !

• Lori Gladden-Chisholm

if you like it, or the butterflies and bees like it, then it's a keeper.

• Linda Sommer Wilkin

A weed is defined as a plant out of place. So if you like it and you keep it, it's not a weed!

• Su

most weeds are wildflowers or better yet food or medicine

• S. Snider

I think the top middle one is Joe-Pye Weed. It's not supposed to be weedy and attracts tons of butterflies. I personally have never grown it so I'm no expert on it.

• Kathy C

If the stem is somewhat reddish in color I would agree that it's Joe Pye Weed. We have it everywhere in VA and the butterflies adore it! It spreads......

• Gidget Beck

the first one in the middle row looks like liriope.. if it blooms with a purple beaded type of blossom then it would definitely be liriope. It is a member of the ornamental grass family- not a weed

• Natalie Carroll

the first one is called "Baldwins Ironweed" to be more specific...http://www.gpnc.org/baldwins.htm