Anne
Anne
Asked on Jun 10, 2012

does anyone know how to cover a table top with metal?

DeltaVicki at Entri WaysAshley Mann
+1

• KMS Woodworks

contact cement would be a simple and easy way...the issue has to do with how you want to deal with the edges? having a raised edge with the metal being inset is probably the best...on the more advanced side would me one that had formed and finished corners / sides

• Ashley Mann

Do you already have the metal, or know where to get it? If not, I recommend ordering it online. I ordered a sheet of stainless steel for a backsplash to go on the wall above my stove, and it only cost about $15 and was cut to my specifications. I ordered from stainlesssupply.com. They also sell strips of trim that go along the edge so that it isn't sharp. As for how to stick it to the table, I too would probably used contact cement. P.S. I had seen this post earlier today, then I ate at Chipotle for dinner and saw they have metal topped tables, and it made me think of you!

• Vicki at Entri Ways

Or you could paint it to look like metal like this table... http://entriwp.com/2015/06/21/tin-wrapped-coffee-table/

• Delta

Glue. Super glue gel type sticks real quick.